HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Steam boiler gushing water from relief valve and water

Customer Question
Steam boiler gushing water...

Steam boiler gushing water from relief valve and water leaking heavily from each radiator valve.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I shut boiler off. water shooting out like faucet on high

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure of the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I thought the auto feed was broken and kept sending up thru the pipes. But when I manually fed the boiler, water started leaking from radiator valves.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, your boiler pressure controller contacts are stuck closed.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

It is also possible that your boiler water level controller has failed and the boiler is completely full of water and blowing water out of the vents.

Steam boilers can be dangerous, for now, turn the gas off to the boiler and close the city water feed valve.

.

Then tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will find a well rated steam boiler service outfit for you.

OR... if you are very very handy I can coach you on a full diagnosis and repairs.