HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a prestige solo 175 and have an e32 erroressage

Customer Question
I have a prestige...

I have a prestige solo 175 and have an e32 erroressage saying dhw sensor shorted and we have no hot water

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It just happened. I have an outside bathroom which the hot water from the shower burst and then this pro problem occurred

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
It also says check dhw temperature sensor and wiring harness for a short circuit
12/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello.

If you are able to read a wiring diagram find the DHW (domestic hot water sensor) on the diagram, then locate those wires on the printed circuit board....remove both wires and use an ohm meter to check for continuity between the two wires...

.

if you get a read the same as when you touch the two test probes together, follow the wires to the sensor, then unplug the sensor and check for continuity again, if you get the same read then the sort is in the wire itself, run new wire.

If you do not get the same read, then replace the sensor itself.

If you have any trouble with that

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the heaters service access door , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed , after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Where would I find the dhw sensor?

The sensor is generally clamped to the hot water tube that leaves the heat exchanger inside the unit... the best way to locate it is to first find it on the wiring diagram, then find where it connects on the printed circuit board.... then follow those two wires to it.

.

click here for the service manual

See pages 34-37 for the sensor locations... most are item number 4's... and you want the one located in the hot water line leaving the boiler.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer