HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do i swap out a totaline for a new one. the issue is the…

Customer Question
How do i swap...

How do i swap out a totaline for a new one. the issue is the increase and decrease buttons do not work very well anymore

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Probably getting harder over time, but now it is really difficult to set the temp. at least a year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a simple swap out ...yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it..thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/16/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

The model number is ***** the back side of the thermostat, most of those can be gently pried from their wall mounted sub bases, if not there are a few screws inside the front cover you can remove.

WHen you get it off, get me the numbers. and... tell me which color of wire goes to each lettered terminal on the wall mounted sub base.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer