HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am trying to replace a Dico heat pump thermostat with a…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to replace a Dico heat pump thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C .trying to figure out the wiring.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes the old one has a glitch in it some times and mess with it and it ends up work .

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have 8 wires one is not used and there is a jumper wire on the old one

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/16/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 5 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can you list the wire colors and terminals they were on, on the old thermostat?

Black on C terminal
Red on R
White on W2 with a jumper wire to E
Yellow on Y
Green on G
Orange on O/B
Blue not used
And brown not used

Yes that is just how you would connect them on the new one. Make sure there is a jumper from R to RC, and if your new one has a AUX then White would go to that and a jumper to E if you have one.

On the new one I have
E
Aux
Y
G
O
L
R
B
C
how would that wire up

All thew same but you have to check the thermostat settings since the new thermostat has an O and B and you only have an O wire.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer