HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Have a Honeywell triple aquastat type l8124a. I have a

Customer Question
Have a Honeywell triple...

Have a Honeywell triple aquastat type l8124a. I have a burnham boiler with a beckett burner. this is a tankless hot water system. I am getting hot water, but when either thermostat calls for heat I am not getting heat. I have voltage at connections tt, but no voltage at connections c1 c2. I assume I'm getting voltage at b1 b2 because my burner is still working. is this something that I can fix or do I need to call a repairman?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Forced hot water system two zone. both zones calling for heat voltage at both zone valves

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like too, avoid the extra charge for the weekend service call

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think i provided everything, i think...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/16/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The L8124 will disable the heating pumps as long as boiler temp is below the set point of the LO limit. This is to prioritize DHW. If this was not the case you might not have hot water on real cold days. One thing you can try is to turn the LO down to around 140-150. This will allow the heating pumps to run and will give you enough DHW in most cases.

my boiler is used for heat and hot water. I have hot water, no heat. the burner/boiler is working fine for hot water, temps are good.
no call, type is fine.

I got that and the answer I just posted addresses this issue. One other possibility IF the boiler temp is above the LO setting and the pumps still don't run is that you have a bad L8124. You can easily tun down the LO setting. Replacing the control may be something you want to leave to a plumber.

there is a relay on the board, what is that for and can that be replaced? would that cause my issue?
hey, I did a lot of troubleshooting work to get to the l8124 board knowing that was the issue. I wanted to know if there was any way to check anything on the board to see if I could get some heat.thanks anyway.

I've answered this question explaining the function of the control. Did you try anything I advised? I've been at this for 45+ years and know this control inside and out. The first thing to try is turning down the LO setting.

Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor