HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Valor Ventanna gas fireplace. I cannot light the…

Customer Question
Hi - I have a...
Hi - I have a Valor Ventanna gas fireplace. I cannot light the unit from the remote, but I can light it manually. The remote works to raise and lower the flame once lit, so it’s not the remote itself. I suspect the receiver, control valve and or pilot ignition system. How do I diagnose?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/16/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Do you have your manual to reset the remote control setup?

Here is the link for remote setup, it may work or not, make sure your receiver is unobstructed to connect with remote

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/781355/Valor-Ventana-1200ean.html?page=30#manual

I noticed question is still opened, please dont forget to rate the 5 star rating if we are done. Sincerely
Hi Gaztech - thanks for the suggestion. I tried what you suggest and it still does not work. Note, the remote works (flame up, flame down, off) but it just will not lite the fire.

The remote and receiver can be replaced individually through Valor.

Check wire harness between receiver and gas valve first, but most likely the receiver is defective but hard to say.

Look on page 43 of manual I sent you, item 58 and 61 in the parts list

The wiring looks fine. I'm curious why you suspect the receiver if it seems to be working fine for other functions? If it's just starting up (ie lighting a fire) might it be something related to the ignition and or valve that controls the gas supply for pilot light?

The remote has many functions but maybe the internal relay in the receiver is defective

I noticed question is still opened, please dont forget to rate the 5 star rating if we are done.

Sincerely

Customer/p>