HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Trane xl90 furnace tdc0808942a0 no power to ifc. They are…

Customer Question
Trane xl90 furnace tdc0808942a0...

Trane xl90 furnace tdc0808942a0 no power to ifc

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes they are new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/16/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Sorry for wait. Check the fan board to see if there is a 5 or 3 amp auto type fuse.. It may be blown. Russ

The fan runs when I turn it on manual.
Where is that located

Euse will be located on fan board it is auto type fuse. Russ

Fuse located on furnace board. Russ

If the fan comes on you have power to furnace and should have power to board on L1 and L2. Does the ignition module have a red LED on. Does it flash a code. Do you have 110 between L1 and L2.

strangest thing. I checked the voltage between l1 and l2 9v. The induction fan turns on the green light came on and it had a flame for a second then shout off. I am now back to the beginning with no led on at all. There is no wire hooked to L2

Go from L1 to ground .You should get 115 volts. If you do bad board. Russ

Yep brand new and bad. I had the same thing happen about 10 years ago. Ok thanks.

You are welcome. Good work. I will open rate box for you. Just google that number on furnace board and several sites will come up. Russ

Need anymore help. Russ

Not sure yet I have to get the part on Monday.

Ok let me know. Russ

Ok u changed it out same thing. 14 v from l1 to l2. L1 to ground is 115
I changed not u changed

The two power wires coming in Black L1 and white connect to L2 on board. Russ

That's strange i took them off and put them on exactly as they were on the old one. Can you see the picture I uploaded?
L1 Is a red wire in this furnace can you see the picture?