HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

When the gas fireplace is on for a while and gets warm it…

Customer Question
When the gas fireplace...

When the gas fireplace is on for a while and gets warm it shuts off including the pilot light what would cause this

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Natural gas

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No i dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/15/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

When the burner flame comes on how long does it take to shut off?

about 5 minutes or so

Whats the exact make and model ?

waiting for response
still waiting
kozy
model # 936DV

Thanks ,let me pull up file.

Im assisting 3 person right at the moment,

Here is link from the manual for your unit Page 34

Your problem refers to these possible issues

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/753809/Kozy-Heat-936.html?page=34#manual

Also Pilot flame may be to low, causing pilot safety to drop out. it should be blue and big enough to heat the thermopile beside flame.

This requires pilot cleaning

Clean and adjust flame for maximum flame impingement on thermopile. refer page 35 to take appart

I noticed question is still opened, please dont forget to rate the 5 star rating if we are done. Sincerely