HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Steam is escaping from the back of the boiler into the

Customer Question
Steam is escaping from...

Steam is escaping from the back of the boiler into the chimney, is the boiler bad or the flue?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Steam furnace

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm a DIY buty up to a point!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Weil McClain steam boiler

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Sounds like you have a cracked section in the boiler.

Just to let you know I paid the $5 deposit and then resent the question again so I would be due a refund. It must be above the water line because I can add water but no leaks anywhere. Can a sealer help temporarily or must I get a new boiler immediately?
Weil McClain steam residential boiler.

You should replace the boiler asap before we get too deep into Winter. No sealer will fix this. You apparently have a leak above the water line. Contact customer service for a refund of the other question.

Do you have any more questions?