HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell rlv3120A thermostat the little window is…

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell rlv3120A thermostat the little window is blank and the increase and decrease buttons don't work.Is therea reset?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The thermostat because its on baseboard heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The heaters are working but the heat isn't controllable.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Sceen gone blank

Check power to baseboard at Breaker, if ok then

The thermal protection device on the heater

was temporarily opened. This can happen if

the heater is obstructed by furniture or curtain

and has overheated, or if the heater's thermal

protection device is too sensitive