HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My HVAC was working perfectly by yesterday. the machine does…

Customer Question
Hello, my HVAC was...

Hello, my HVAC was working perfectly by yesterday. the machine does not have one year yet, and it is the most modern one. I use nest and is showing E24 as message

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

No I am a customer

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know, maybe if is something easy.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I use nest and is showing E24 as message I added yesterday morning 1 gallon of water mixed with 1 spoon of white vinegar, as I do every 2 months (people from del-air recommended me that)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/15/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

The E24 is saying that thermostat does not see the 24v power from furnace.

Lets start by checking to see if maybe the circuit is being broke by a float switch in the drain

how can I check it?

Is there a float in drain? If so lift the float and see if the error goes away

It should be either in main pvc drain from air handler or on a drain pan under coil.