HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Blowing cold air and red light with alarm. Settings ok and…

Customer Question
Blowing cold air and...

Blowing cold air and red light with alarm

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Settings ok and need new filter. Filter is out

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. Have help here now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just started today

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks for the photo's Royce.

That looks like a 40 year old Coleman blend air electric furnace, it does not use a printed circuit board, where a red indicator would normally be... where is the red light, and please describe the alarm... so far in my 57 years in the business I have not seen many alarms on these furnaces.

We can go from there

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer