HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Taco valve question. Not sure had a new heater installed 2…

Customer Question
Taco valve question Contractor's...

Taco valve question

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Not sure had a new heater installed 2 yrs ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Nope i have a company that did the work for me and came to my house to bleed my system 225 dollars later same problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yeah im a mechanic cars and big trucks and buses not a plumber but i think i figured it out and there comming tomorrow and hes bringing his boss and there talking about putting bleeder valves in the line upstairs

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/15/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's your question? "Bleeders" on copper baseboard are completely useless.

yeah i thought so so heres my question i had the house remodeled they removed the thermostat up stairs i had zone heat any ways the old boiler heat exchanger was cracked so was cheaper to get new sytem

I don't hear a question

my heat in the house works then stops hes telling me that it has air lock again never had this problem before the new heater was installed why

If it was purged properly there should be no air lock. Is the boiler hot when the heat stops? are the pipes hot?

If the pipes are hot how can the heat stop? I've been at this for 12 hours today. I'm out of gas. This is going to take some extended trouble shooting. I can pick this back up tomorrow. I'd suggest you cancel tomorrows service call and we can spend some time figuring this out. I'm back online at 9 am ET. If you need an answer tonight you can opt me out but there are no other experts here with my 45+ years of experience with hot water systems.

well i think i figured it out
i think the valves are in backwards the taco valve has an arrow on it correct and the arrow indicates flow correct if the arrow faces down on the upper level pipes thats why they stay warm and the arrow is facing the opposite way on lower level mind u i have one thermostat the valves are in bypass
the arrows should be facing the flow of water to the baseboard right
hello u there

I'm back. Let me know if you want to proceed.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer