HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

If your heating element is good and your dryer turns and…

Customer Question
If your heating element...

If your heating element is good and your dryer turns and blow cold air what would you need to check to get heat. Its a maytag

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Lde5916acm

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Is it possible that your dryer vent is cloged up, did you check outdoor grill for restriction?

No its not clogged
Hellooo

Was it cloged up?

No it wasnt

Here is a link that shows you parts breakdown, look at item #6 in the heater breakdown

This is the most common problem for your issue, you need to pull the back panel and locate part and do a Ohm reading on it it needs to read 0 to 1 ohms, if it doesnt, replace part

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/lde5916acm/3048/0151200.html

Cant see part 6

You need to pull the back panel and locate parts and do a Ohm reading on them, needs to read 0 to 1 ohms, if it doesnt, replace part

Part number 6 (Dryer thermal cut off fuse) and part number 11 (Dryer high limit thermostat) are listed it the Heater section of this manual link I sent you in blue letters

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer