HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have an Aprilaire Model 8334. Changed batteries. Still wont…

Customer Question
Have an Aprilaire Model...

Have an Aprilaire Model 8334. Changed batteries. Still wont turn on. One on floor below is fine and have heat on that level

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Haven't changed filters in a while

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to if possible. The unit is on second floor and services second and third floor. It is working on second floor but thermostat won't start on third floor

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

If batteries are new and still dont light up its probably toast, but first try putting batteries the wrong way for 10 sec. then put back in the right way, sometime that works

If you put ' FAN ON' at t-stat, DOES IT START FAN?

I noticed question is still opened, please dont forget to rate the 5 star rating if we are done.

Sincerely

Customer/p>