HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The flame on my heater is not coming on. The blower does…

Customer Question
The flame on my...

The flame on my heater is not coming on. The blower does though.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The house was cold when I got up thismorning

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, the soonest I could find someone to look at it is next week

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think it might be the igniter

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)