HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My gas insert just went pop and then the flame went out. I…

Customer Question
My gas insert just...

My gas insert just went pop and then the flame went out. I have a Model FV-33i

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started today--but our experience with this fireplace has not been good

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Mendota fullview direct vent gas fireplace insert heater model FV-33i

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, but the wait list with the dealer is months long, and I am hoping to get someone here to fix it before Christmas

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, can you tell me what might be wrong?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Could be a bad flame sensor. Are you using the remote? Is the pilot still lit?

I am using the remote. The snowflake is on but I cannot see the pilot flame.

You could try bypassing the remote. Here's a link to the manual. On page 39 it shows the remote interface. Turn the switch ON and see if it fires back up
http://www.fireplacesonline.com/pdf/mendota-manuals/FV33I-Install.pdf

It’s too hot. Never mind.

ok

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer