HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I purchased two lennox residential air conditioners one for…

Customer Question
I purchased two lennox...

I purchased two lennox residential air conditioners one for a house we have at another city 1year apart also in our townhouse both coils went out (leaking) almost exactly 2 years. has lennox switched to better metal for their coils are am i going to have to change coils every two years.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, change our filters every month and we do not change the thermosats setting much at all. i was a mechanic for six years in the coast guard and worked in a petro chem plant for 40 years and believe in changing oil and any kind of filters as scheduled by the manufacter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, i am a stroke victim and cannot do it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

So far i have not been advised what to do.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 8 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

They have improved the coils on the unit and if you contact a Lennox supplier or dealer they will likely give you the part for free, you would just have labor to pay.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!