HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox superior direct vent 600 series gas

Customer Question
I have a Lennox...

I have a Lennox superior direct vent 600 series gas fireplace. The pilot line comes on fine but when I turn to ON, the pilot light goes out.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Lennox superior direct vent 600 series gas fireplace

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. The pilot line comes on fine but when I turn the knob switch to ON, the pilot light goes out.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the pilot stays it when you release the knob you have to hold down to light it but goes out when you turn the dial to ON. Then you need to replace the gas control valve

Superior 40" Direct Vent Gas Appliance P/N 725,012M

Ok, thanks for the additional info but the answer is the same. You need a new gas valve