HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Trane 300 Thermostat that continues to give a

Customer Question
I have a Trane...

I have a Trane 300 Thermostat that continues to give a message to replace batteries even after I have put new alkaline triple A batteries in the unit. What gives?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Something specific to the Thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on what needs to be done

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The HVAC system is working fine -- the problem is simply with the Thermostat message of replace batteries

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Sounds like it may have taken a power spike.There are a couple of things you can try.If neither fixes , you will need to replace thermostat.

First remove batteries completely and turn power off to unit for 5 minutes, Then reinstall and turn power back on.

Second is to install batteries backwards for about 5 seconds then re install properly.