HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a central heating electric furnace. The elements turn…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a central heating electric furnace. The elements turn on by themselves for ten seconds and then the limit switch clicks and turns off. The thermostat seems to be ok because it will turn the blower on and heat does come thru the vents.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes settings are the same and the filter has been replaced. I worry with the elements turning off and on they will eventually go out

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to if possible. I live out in the country so its not a short trip to any town. the unit is a central air model cb17

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that seems to be it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Sounds like possible a bad thermostat ,relay or sequencer. What is complete model on furnace and does it do this constantly or just on occasion?