HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

New AT10-1141SA heating only thermastat. Handyman replaced…

Customer Question
New AT10-1141SA heating only...

New AT10-1141SA heating only thermastat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Handyman replaced old ITT thermastat for floor furnace with AT10-1141SA.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Heater would not turn off. I found that I needed to put the turn-off arm to the middle to make the furnace turn off. Looks like the handyman does not have the notch for the .12 place on the right side of the base. Is this the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Should the complete turn off position of the handle be to the far left Please advise.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you attach a pic of the thermostat installation?

what does arem mean?
possible errors in installation:
wire on far left to top left screw is not there. What does that wire control?
heater will only turn off if control arm is in center middle position
that matches up with 70 degree mark'Where should the arm be for "off" position?
I like to turn the heater completely off for the night.

Can you use the add file icon to attach a photo> It sounds like he may have it mounted wrong. The ARM (LEVER) should be ON TOP and slide left and RIGHT.

Far left would lower temp and turn OFF.Far Right would raise temp and make furnace come ON

Is your lever on side or on top?

If lever is on side rather than top.it is mounted wrong.If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.