HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a duo-therm comfort control center #3106463.007. when…

Customer Question
I have a duo-therm...

I have a duo-therm comfort control center #3106463.007. when i press

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It has been working fine for the last two months but now when trying to get into furnace mode i press mode it goes off-fan- cool-and back to fan or off never goes to furnace

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

No, i don't know where they are

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope yes it's 8;00 pm, cold and too late to get help

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has been working perfect 'til today it just won't switch to furnace

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 5 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Turn the ON/OFF switch to OFF position. b. Simultaneously depress and hold the MODE and ZONE push-buttons while turning the ON/OFF switch to ON. FF should appear in the LCD display until the MODE and ZONE push-buttons are released. Then try it

there is no zone button, just fan-mode- up&down 4 buttons
there is no 'zone' button just four buttons fan-mode-up-down
previous answers were very prompt, i seem to have lost you, what's happening?

I am here just checking, please stand by thanks

To initiate a RESET, do the following in the order listed:

1)Turn control on to ensure annunciator data and light are present. If data and light are present, continue to next step. If data and light are not present, see Sec. 5.1.

2)Depress MODE switch to activate annunciator light.

3)Simultaneously depress the bottom two buttons (temperature UP and DOWN) and hold.

4)While holding these buttons down, depress the MODE button once and release.

5)Release the two buttons previously held down.

6)Depress the MODE button once again.

7)At this time the light should extinguish, and the mode should register "OFF". If not, repeat Steps 2 through 6.

8)Retest system ensuring that all functions are present and operational.

Did that work?

i type slowly , i was composing an answer to the last email, when this one came in. no!! it did not work.
when i first torn 'on' no lights come on 'til i press 'mode'
i then follow your 'reset' instructions and nothing changes, when i press mode repeatedly it goes from 'off'
to 'fan only' to 'cool' and back to 'off'

You have to follow the steps to a T...do you want to try again?

i have now tried four more times to a 'T', nothing has changed, each time after depressing the
'mode' button for the third time the light goes off, and subsequently the sequence remains unchanged,
off-fan only - cool, and back to off! it should go to' furnace 'after 'cool'! now what? i'm getting very cold!!

What is currently showing on the display can you send a pic?

no , i am a luddite , very overly challenged at the moment, i would gladly pay the extra $32 if we could talk on the phone if i am guaranteed satisfaction.

Well it is 11:10pm where I am at, let me see if another tech can help you with this issue as I can not guarrantee you will get this fixed tonight nor can work for free all night long if this does not get fixed. This is a complicated Heatpump Duo system. Stand by for another tech please do not reply here as it will only delay assistance.

24 hour service is unacceptable to me, i was in the middle of a long thread with a technician who had been
so far unable to solve my problem, and then i received an email to say the system was down or something, seems very convenient, i hope there will be no charge for this totally useless [so far] service, no $5, or$44
would still love to get help, temperature going down below freezing tonight, i'm cold!!!
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH