HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Newer u it about 15 years old has had computer board

Customer Question
Coleman newer u it...

Coleman newer u it about 15 years old has had computer board replaced worked perfectly for 2 weeks. Now won't come on and it is throwing a constant green flash code, door says heater is operating properly with this code??

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One week using oven to heat house right now

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filter new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's something simple, computer issue my brother in law is brilliant

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Used to kick fuses before we replaced board

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Try touching R to W terminals on board where thermostat wires connect and see if it will come on.

https://i.imgur.com/JprQdYv.png

Mine has rc rh g y w

Connect RH and W

The rc and rh have jumper already
I will need to go put door back on to see if it does anything

Ok, Jump RH to W and put door back on and see if furnace works

Jumped the two did nothing

Still got constant green?

Got better jumper from one to other went down to heater no green light or anything. I heard a slight humming and then a POW and I saw a flash near the bulb then no hum

Send me a pic of how you jumped.

Did you jump R to C?

You are thermostat.WE should be jumping R and W at board

But this still should have not cause anything to pop or flash

Don't have an r just rc and rh I jumped rh to w

Yeah that should not have made anything pop.R is 24v hot, te w (white) sends the same leg back to board

I understand. Don't understand, gonna go take door off and inspect give me a moment or two

OK

I can't do phone call right now, my phone lines are down due to the snow

Me neither.That is a site generated offer

I. Have nothing at all now. I at least had power to the fuse on both sides now there is nothing, worried I did more damage

I am suspecting something happened besides just touching the R and W.Might be best to get an onsite tech there to get this thing going

How do I get customer service pertaining to this service? Maybe a phone number?

Would you like me to request a refund since we were unable to get furnace going?

I would like to find out how much they hit my card for
That would be nice, yes please

It should be the original 28 dollars you agreed to but the site offers 100 per cent satisfaction.Although I have spent quiet a bit of time on this and only compensated by your rating 3 stars or higher. we want you to be happy

I forwarded to administrators.I am a technician ,not in administartion.You can contact them for any site issues at this link
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer