HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a new Honeywell S8610U installed and the heat comes…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a new Honeywell S8610U installed and the heat comes on but will not turn off

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Also it blinks 1 4 second blink and the 6 Times fast

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I reset my nest 3 times. I can control the fan but not the heat

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The heat will shit off if I disconnect the heat callwire from the furnace

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/14/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A 6 flash is an internal control error. Shut the power off wait a minute then turn it back on and re-establish a call for heat. If the error returns replace the control. I know it's new so it should be under warranty

It’s a 1 4 second flash followed by 6

I got that, 4 second flash is device in run mode.
There seems to be an issue with your account please contact customer service if you want to talk. We can continue here if you like.

What is “run mode”
I keep reading the term run mode but there is no info about what it is?
When I start the power the heat comes on immediately but the fan and flame runs continuously even if I turn down or turn off the heat. I can control the fan though and if I disconnect the heat call from the thermostat or furnace it cuts off as well ive restartedmy nest thermostat about 3 Times the dipswitches are bothset to off
you’re saying it needs to be replaced?
Again

Run mode means it's running. I'm saying you need to reboot it like I described before and the problem persists it needs to be replaced. It's defective

Ok thank you
What doesrun model x = flame and uA
Ok system restarted
Same issue

Then you need to replace the control.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer