HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The red window lighted up on my boiler. It said I had to…

Customer Question
The red window lighted...

The red window lighted up on my boiler. It said I had to press the reset button, I did and the boiler started up. Concerned when I am away during winter boiler will do it again and house and pipes will freezw

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just happened once last week, and the heat will not go on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, but I can't seem to get a good answer from my installer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Need it to work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

All you can do it be sure the burner is tuned up (when was the last time is was tuned up?). That's the best you can do. If you leave the house for extended periods during Winter the heating system should be filled with anti-freeze and the water turned off and the piping drained before you leave. Having someone check on the house periodically is also a good idea.