HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Can I exhaust my portable air conditioner through the floor?

Customer Question
Can I exhaust my...

Can I exhaust my portable air conditioner through the floor ? The area under the house is very roomy as the land slopes

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

Do you mean a builde ? The floor is chip board. I am concerned about fire danger.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just advise if the exhaust air is hot enough for ignition ie bits of paper etc

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Exhaust air from a portable AC unit is nowhere near hot enough to ignite anything. Go ahead and vent it through the floor as long as there is plenty of air circulation under the floor.