HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox G61 MP series furnace. My house was hit by…

Customer Question
I have a Lennox...

I have a Lennox G61 MP series furnace. My house was hit by lightening. There is power to the furnace but it will not fire up, and the fan will not turn on. I assume something got blown out, as I also lost a tv and most circuits were thrown. How do I start to diagnose?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

They are fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if there is some simple task to try.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's only 3-4 years old. I think the lightening strike is the likely culprit.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 7 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is***** you familiar with the blinking lights in the bottom blower section?

See HERE

No

did you look at the link I sent highlighted ?

There is a round window in the bottom door that looks inside the blower section...in this section is a circuit board with a blinking light. These lights tell us what happened.