HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My heat/plumber person says your company is maintenance

Customer Question
My heat/plumber person says...

My heat/plumber person says your company is maintenance cleaning of heat exchanger biannually. Cleaning will cost $200.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

It is a boiler Khigi-it and I already have them check it once a year.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

This just seemed awfully expensive to be required twice a year.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can it be kept clean through their regular maintenance, I won’t do it myself—too old.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Get it done once a year you do not need it done 2 times a year.

Is $200 a fair price?

Yes that is a fair price for that job, but do it only once a year...twice NO WAY!

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH