HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

THE THERMOSTAT WIRES TO MY OLD UNIT HAD NO LABELS, AND I GOT…

Customer Question
THE THERMOSTAT WIRES TO...

THE THERMOSTAT WIRES TO MY OLD UNIT HAD NO LABELS, AND I GOT EVERTHING MIXED UP LIKE AN IDIOT. THE WIRES COMING FROM WALL ARE (2) RED, (1) WHITE, (1) GREEN, AND FINALLY, (1) GRAY THAT WAS NOT BEING USED ON THEE OLD THERMOSTAT AND WAS TUCKED INTO THE WALL. ANY WAY OF KNOWING WHICH WIRES TO CONNECT TO THE NEW UNIT?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I TEWSTED THERMOOSTAT AND IT WAS BAD.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF POSSIBLE.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THE EVENT THAT .LED ME TO CHANGE THE THERMOSTAT WAS THAT THE HEATER STOPPED BLOWING HOT AIR.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 8 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok for the wiring it should go:

Red-RH

Red-RC

White-W

Green-G

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Also do you have AC?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,