HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Can I have a condensing furnace in a garage that's only

Can I have a condensing...
Can I have a condensing furnace in a garage that's only heated a couple days out of the week? I can install it inside the conditioned space but do I have to keep the garage heated all the time or can a condensing furnace handle freezing temperatures?
12/13/2017
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

I am sorry you can not use a condensing furnace in an area that will freeze. The condensate lines can freeze and block and you will have problems with the unit. You need a non condensing unit for this application 100%.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH