HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a carrier furnace model 58 PAV090-14 the 3amp fuse…

Customer Question
I have a carrier furnace...
I have a carrier furnace model 58 PAV090-14 the 3amp fuse keeps blowing. I changed motor speeds and it's running ok now. Could it be something in the motor or did I not do anything and it could happen again
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 8 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the 3amp fuse keeps blowing you have a short in the thermostat wiring. You need to check the thermostat wiring at the thermostat, any junctions you have for the thermostat wiring and at the control board in the furnace. See what you find. If you are not sure start removing the thermostat wires one at a time and see when it does not blow and then you should be able to narrow it down. If you need more help let me know.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!