HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Just put a newer thermostat om my late 90' s HJ Just put a…

Customer Question
Hello. Just put a...

Hello. Just put a newer thermostat om my late 90' s HJ Hi. Just put a new thermostat on my late 80's model Janitrol. Worked for a short time and then apparently some wires crossed and from that point no control voltage. Is there a breaker in the unit itself that I can reset? Can't seen to find it. Thanks For ANY info.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The breaker outside has not popped. I am pretty sure is the low voltage transformer.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. That'w if there is a breaker to reset. Otherwise not.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's enough for now. Have a tech coming tomm if needed.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Tell me a few more deatils

1.Model of thermostat

2.Complete model on indoor and outdoor units

3.What wires went to what terminals on old and where you put on new