HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The outside unit of my mini split heat pump is covered in…

Customer Question
Second opinion] the outside unit...
Second opinion] the outside unit of my mini split heat pump is covered in white frost temp is only -2 cJA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?Customer: temp is set at 20 c filters are cleanJA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?Customer: yesJA: Anything else we should know to help you best?Customer: just like to know why it freezing up .only installed a month ago
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

How long has it been covered in frost? The frost is normal but every so often the defrost mode should be initialized and melt the frost