HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Once burning, flame cannot be controlled on or off. Keeps…

Customer Question
Once burning, flame cannot...

Once burning, flame cannot be controlled on or off. Keeps burning. Using a remote control. On back of stove I have the switch set to 'Remote - on' and on off switch set to off.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Late last heating season this began. Just this week tried to start it for this season and the was there.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Not sure about the filters. Did set the remote control temp to 70 degrees but the stove kept burning until room temp was 80. Tried several times to reset but would not shut off.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, unless it is truly beyond my capability. I am relatively capable with things.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm wondering if I just need a new remote. I'm not sure how the remote talks to the stove. Where transmitter or receiver are.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the brand and model number of your stove. So far it sounds like a bad remote controller or remote module inside the heater as you suspect.

We can go from there.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Aladdin Model DV-40 step, also shows Quadra-Fire

Hello, click here please, that model does not show a remote control... at least in that manual

click here please, is this the unit you have?

click here for the wiring diagram

I will see if I can find an updated one, or you can see if you can find a wiring diagram glued to its controls access panel on the back.

We can go from there