HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Aprilaire Humidifier on my burner.I'am wondering if…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Aprilaire Humidifier on my burner.I'am wondering if the unit should come on when the burner starts a cycle?When I use the test mode on the control panel the water starts going in but when its just set to like 5 or 6 it never comes on!

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

All filters are new and clean.The thermostat dosen't any setting on it for the humidifier.There is only one on the Aprilaire unit.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not really,I just thought that the unit would or should come on every time heat is called for than shut off after a minute or two?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

So is that how it should work? On for a minute or 2 than off?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What type of burner do you have? Normally the humidifier is energized when the blower comes on in heat mode if the humidistat is calling for it.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician