HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a weil Mclaine ultra gas boiler in warm weather

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a weil Mclaine ultra gas boiler in warm weather shutdown mode. How do I get the heat turned back on?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostats are calling for heat, filters are clean

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to get it back into heat mode. I also tried cycling the power. did not change anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If your unit is in WWSD now as cold as it is then the sensor has probably failed. You can get it back up and running by disconnecting the outdoor sensor from the ODS terminals. Those terminals are on the low voltage terminals strip the same strip the thermostat is connected to.