HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have central heating in my home. and a Lux thermostat. I…

Customer Question
I have central heating...

I have central heating in my home. and a Lux thermostat. I turn off the heat at night and turn it on in the morning. As usual this morning I turned it on with the temp in the house at 58 and set the temp to 70. No heat came out of the vent just air. I waited and reset the thermostat but still no heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters have been cleaned in Sept of this year. Thermostat setting was overridden to 70 degrees bec. temp inside house was 58. Mode- ON -HEAT

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying to find out what is wrong first.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Air conditioning is working.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Does blower or anything come on in HEAT mode?

The vent were all blowing regular air but no heat.

Can you give me complete model from inside furnace in burner compartment so I can provide guidance with this specific unit.Model will be on a label just above burners on right or left inside panel
http://i.imgur.com/U8b0GXT.jpg
Then look in blower compartment and see if we have a control board with a blinking light.If so tell me the pattern of that flash.That will indicate what is wrong and tell us where to start troubleshooting.

I am at work right now so I can't do it on real time. Control Board is under our house.

Will you have internet access when there?

The control board will have an led flashing to tell us what has failed. For example if issue is an open limit we may get a 4 flash code or if pressure switch is issue we may get a 3 flash code. I can look it up bu model.There may be a legend on furnace telling us the flash code and that will tell us what direction to go in troubleshooting.

I don't know. I also Can't get under the house until Friday. IT is quite late when I get home and dark under there. Shall I call you again Friday?

Depends on when Friday.I leave to go out of town around lunch

How much do much do you charge for service? Meaning to come over and check what is going on?

We do not offer in home service.WE are an online question and answer service.I am in South Alabama and do own an hvac company.

How do I get in touch with you? Is there a time difference between South Alabama and California? Let me know what time you can call me. Ill have info ready

When ready to troubleshoot, just reply here.If available I will reply as soon as I receive notification.If not any available tech can help

OK

Talk to you then

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician