HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

You may. My air conditioner filled my house with light smoke…

Customer Question
My air conditioner filled...

My air conditioner filled my house with light smoke and has seemed to stop working. I hear a clicking sound as if the machine is trying to turn over, however, doesn't. I have been dealing with this only today. I checked breakers. I turn the unit off then back on. the outside unit seems to be working just the unit in my attic is not

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes actually turned on the air conditioner as well as the heat after on another and nothing for both

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Filters are fine

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Would like to try however not sure i should lol

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/12/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Sounds like indoor motor may have burned up.We would need a meter to troubleshoot. If you have a meter let me know .If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you would like to troubleshoot and I would be happy to guide you.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665