HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am hooking up an y8150 vent sysytem can i hook the

Customer Question
Hello i am hooking...

Hello i am hooking up an y8150 vent sysytem can i hook the transformer on air handler unit straight to controller or any way i can let the fan wire just open damper without the controller

Contractor's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail.com

Contractor's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Tablet

Contractor's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am going to hook up tomorrow am just trying to let the air handler open dampoer when fan comes on if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Ithiunk that is all i need

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/13/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

You really want to use he controller to open the damper. It can indeed be powered from the air handler transformer.

You could install a normally open relay in the fan circuit, but that would bring outdoor air in 100 per cent of the time causing loss of capacity of unit.