HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an Apollo heating system. All works nice when outside…

Customer Question
I have an Apollo...

I have an Apollo heating system. All works nice when outside temp is above 25 but seams to not work when temp goes below 25. Not had a problem before. any answers?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

All checked hot water is at 145. filters all new. changed once a month.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

At least look to see what can be wrong with it. I a have it serviced and it is working that day they just chage be for service call and we go back to the dame problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just any ideals?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Did you check water temp with a thermometer? 145 seems pretty low for space heating. Was it always that temp?

No Summer I lower it to 125.

That doesn't answer any of my questions. Have you confirmed 145 with a thermometer? is 145 normal heating temp?

I have confirmed the thermometer and yes that is normal water temp for winter.

I need pictures of the piping.

Click on the link below for info on posting pics here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

The piping has never change. I thank you for your time.

Just because the piping hasn't changed doesn't mean some component hasn't failed. If water temp is the same then the only explanation is a mechanical failure. I can't tell you what that is without seeing how this is piped.