HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We have 2 rheem units in the house for heat/cold one of them…

Customer Question
Hi we have 2...

Hi we have 2 rheem units in the house for heat/cold one of them is not working getting codes 10 / 61 /22

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Replaced filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Thermostat is good

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If its easy

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic

Good morning, I am Kevin, one of the tech's here on JA..........

i have a rheem unit and getting codes 10 / 61 /22

ok, can I get the model number of the particular Rheem furnace you are having the problem with?

801S

Rheem's usually are rgh or something like that.......

let me doublecheck

is it an R801S? That may be a good number

think so
yes

ok, I was able to pull up a wiring diagram, however, I cannot get the code failure legend. This should appear most likely on the inside of the bottom panel. Would you be able to identify those codes from the legend?

ok, I was able to find the fault codes.........

on your thermostat, do you have a "fan on/auto switch"?

turner it to auto

please turn it to on, and make sure the furnace door is on and the service switch if there is also turned on. Let me know if your blower motor is operating.....

blower is working

ok, is your thermostat set for heat right now?

cycle the service switch to off, then back on. (power down the furnace and then restart)

k
done

blower started immediately because we have that bypassed on the thermostat, however, did the induced draft motor start? and then an attempt for burners to light?

Im not sure. I think that is the point where it fails. Fan is on but Nothing else gets going

you are speaking of the circulating fan correct? that would be the fan on the bottom of the cabinet usually..... There is also a fan in the burner compartment, called the draft inducer fan. is this fan operating?

No i dont think the draft inducer works. But im not sure as i dont have the technical knowledge. Probably need to get somebody in for this after all.

the codes your were getting, are a "blower failure", "primary high limit open", and a 1 hour lockout.

the very simple things to check are the furnace filter, make sure you have a brand new filter. Specific on Rheem and Rudd, they also had a washable filter that may be in the lower compartment. Check to make sure that is clean.

The next issue would be to cool off the heat exchanger and allow the pri***** *****mit to reset.

The next would be to make sure that we have voltage at the blower on the "heat" tap off the circuit board. I know it's a little confusing and overwelming, so if you don't feel comfortable testing those circuits, then you can pass the information of the "blower failure", pri***** *****mit open and 1 hour lockout to service company and hopefully they will have everything they need to repair when they arrive.

give them the model number as well...... that would be the R801S.

Thansk!

your very welcome, and if you have any more questions, please feel free to post them here, and I should be able to get them......

Happy Holidays.

Please before logging off, please leave a rating for the service you have received here....

Thank you for using JA.

Kevin

Kcrand36
Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic