HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My April air Humidistat has always read 40+ humidity The…

Customer Question
My April air Humidistat...

My April air Humidistat has always read 40+ humidity The humidity in the house is at 25% with outside temp of 30degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat is at 7+ and new filter. Most of the time the unit is calling for moister and the fan runs but the green lite is not on so no water

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. I'm a maintenance tech and do electric work

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can the humidity meter be set so it reads correctly?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

What model is your April air?

1. where is unit getting power 24V from? Transformer? or wired to furnace control board?
  2. is there power geting to the selenoid water valve,
  3. does control close and open contact (ohm test)
When I put the control on the test mode it works like it should. Water flows and the fan comes on I never mentioned this is a Aprilair model 5 1 year old. It has never worked right from the start. If the problem was something simple I would have fixed it!
I need to reset the control Humidistat to the right moister not 40+.
How do I get a refund? NO RIGHT ANSWER
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer