HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do i open a rth9580wf thermostat? I want to get the

Customer Question
How do i open...

How do i open a rth9580wf thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I want to get the serial number.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Most thermostats open very easily. I don't want to break it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello. It can be gently and evenly pryed off of its wall mounted sub base.... all numbers relative to that thermostat are stamped on the back. A few of those had tiny retaining screws around the edges

If you can tell me why exactly you need a serial number for it, I can be a lot more helpful.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.