HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Heater mod #398baz03680, error code 12, blower calibration…

Customer Question
Bryant heater mod #398baz03680...

Bryant heater mod #398baz03680, error code 12, blower calibration lockout, replaced blower motor, still get error 12

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

20 + years old, had same problem 10 years ago,replaced blower motor and solved problem

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just replaced the blower motor myself again.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Does this new motor need to be programed

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/12/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Does the error 12 remain more than 1 and a half minute?

That is another question, do not plan on using you again, have a known qualified tech coming to my home, this was a waste of money.

Troubleshooting these motors requires a special tool as they are high voltage powered but low voltage controlled. Under normal circumstances the blower will run for 1.5 minutes and give a 12 error for the first 1.5 minutes after power is applied to furnace.

The bell control does indeed have to be programmed to work properly with the control board,

If the motor was purchased as direct replacement it should be programmed already.

If you are having the same issue with new motor as with old, the issue is most likely the control board rather than the motor.