HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I want to replace the blower motor in my Lennox ML 180 with…

Customer Question
Hello! I want...

Hello! I want to replace the blower motor in my Lennox ML 180 with a variable speed blower, or if not that, a two speed blower. I added a humidifier system and it is blowing constantly and driving me nuts! Alternatively, I would just add a blower in the duct and connect that to the humidifier, not involving the furnace blower at all???

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Huh? They were changed a week ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No way, José!!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I used to have a Bryant and it worked fine.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you

Need the exact model number because there is different M180-???

Adding a blower in the duct is not going to work at all, it would just blow inside duct and would go nowhere.

Adding a variable motor would cost Mucho bucks $$$

2 speed motor Good, but there is a good chance its already got other speed but not hooked

Actually, your furnace has already a 4 speed motor.

Hook up your humidifier wire to control board terminal W and C, this way Humidifier will only work when heating cycle is on.

I noticed question is still opened, please dont forget to rate the 5 star rating if we are done.

Sincerely

Customer/p>
Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician