HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I am getting a Twinning Fault on my new Ruud furnace. It was…

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a Twinning Fault on my new Ruud furnace. It was working fine during the summer when I was using it for cooling, but now when I turned it on for heating I am getting the Twinning Fault Fault code 20

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filter is new. Thermostat setting is fine. The fault stays even if I disconnect the thermstat could it be that the transformer is bad?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it for now

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you with your question. Can you please provide the full model # of the furnace? It will bo on a tag on the inside wall of the burner compartment.

Model: R801PA075417MXA
It is a single unit, upflow

Okay, thanks - let me pull up that manual

Got it, thanks - first, make sure there's nothing touching the "twin" terminal on the control board. Can you take a pic of the board and post it please?

I will do that later today since I am not at the house (this is at a rental home)

Sounds good, thanks

Let me know if you need anything else to diagnose the issue
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer