HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have lost my unlock code. Thermostat locked on AC. Temp…

Customer Question
I have lost my...

I have lost my unlock code. Thermostat locked on AC. Temp outside is chilly.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The thermostat needs to be changed to heat not ac

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am 73 yr old widowed female. I can push buttons.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you know the model on the thermostat? If not if you can remove front cover the model will be inside.

ok how do I get the cover off?
can I get an answer for the $5 I paid?

Usually you can just grasp sides and pull straigh off wall leaving subbase on wall

serial # 1723H233653

Can't tell anything by serial.Do you see model?

Model: TH621002001 1723

THanks let me grab a manual.

If you press and hold the CENTER and PLUS button for 3 seconds do you enter a setup menu?

It's still on lock
I pressed the unlock and +. Nothing happened

Are you able to get to function 435 and select 0 ?

What is 435?

In n the setup menu function 435 controls the lock. See pages 8 to 10 in the manual at this link.

https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/Techlit/TechLitDocuments/33-00000s/33-00181EFS.pdf

I don't have a manual. That's why I"m asking you. Orange County rehabbed my house. So I have a new house however, I did not get
any manuals. My son helped me move back and he set my thermostat. That was in August. Now it's chilly and I need heat.

I sent a link to manual. Click the link and manual should open.

Thank you

Let me know if this helps