HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Weil Mclain Ultra Gas Fired Boiler. It is fired…

Customer Question
I have a Weil...

I have a Weil Mclain Ultra Gas Fired Boiler. It is fired with propane. I have had it about 15 years. It quits at least once a week. I hit restart and it will fire back up. The system has been very unreliable. The service contractor (who did not install the system) is stumped. Do you have any suggestions? If I need to I am going to replace the system. I have been told that Weil McLain are good systems. However, I not not impressed.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Years. Sometimes it will work for several months. Sometimes it goes out every other day. The contractor has tried their best. It is in our guest house. Sometimes I do a lot of traveling and I live in western PA. It is now winter. If it goes out when I am away I will have a problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I use Bradigans heating from Kittanning, PA. (###) ###-#### I am not sure if they are one of your dealers.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

What filters?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Once again, "WHAT FILTERS"?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Please ignore the intake bot questions. Has the combustion chamber been cleaned as well as the igniter? Is the condensate drain open and flowing freely?