HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Handheld thermostat not working anymore, want to upgread.

Customer Question
Handheld thermostat not working...

Handheld thermostat not working anymore, want to upgread

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermostat which is a totaline

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know if I can or need someone to do it for me

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Room that thermostat is in does not allow for wall unit to be installed.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/11/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 4 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What type of system do you have and can you pop the old thermostat off the wall and list the color of the wire and each terminal they go to, I could tell you pretty quick if it is an easy one or if you need a tech.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer